This Code of Ethics applies to all Chartered Family Office Specialists (CFOS™) as well as Members and Affiliates of the Family Office Institute (FOI™) of which Stamford Wealth Academy is associated. The purpose of this Code of Ethics is to promote honest and ethical conduct as it relates to the management of a family office generally and specifically to wealth management and the provision of financial services.
As a CFOS™ and/ or member of FOI™, you are expected to:
- Engage in and promote ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships.
- Carry out your responsibilities honestly, in good faith and with integrity, due care and diligence, exercising at all times the best independent judgement. The advice given would be the same as if applied to yourself.
- Put your client’s interest above your own.
- Comply with, and assist your clients in complying with, the letter and spirit of all applicable laws, rules and regulations established by relevant governments, agencies and regulatory organizations.
- “Compliance with the FOI Code of Ethics is a condition of membership and the CFOS designation.”